Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Why Gun Safety?

Gun safety is a collection of rules and regulations that are for storing, possessing and most importantly handling firearms. There are 10 basic rules for guns "10 Commandments."The reason I chose this topic is because I am a gun enthusiast and want to educate other people about gun safety. Guns around the world have been in the news in a bad way. I want to help educate people and make guns have a positive connotation.
The ten commandments are as follow: 1.Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction. 2.Firearm should remain unloaded when not using it. 3.Don't rely on your guns safety mechanisms. 4.Be sure of your target and what is behind it. 5. Use proper ammunition. 6.If your gun fails to fire when the trigger is pulled, handle with care. 7.Always wear eye and ear protection when shooting. 8.Make sure the barrel is clear of obstructions before shooting. 9.Don't alter or modify your gun and have it serviced regularly. 10.Learn the mechanical and handling characteristics of the firearm you are using.
                                     

12 comments:

  1. It says that all guns are always loaded, but isn't that illegal to carry a loaded weapon while driving?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gun safety is always a topic that is very intriguing to most people! It's nice to know all the different opinions and I look forward to learning more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could you list the other six rules since the picture lacks all of them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this topic because gun stuff is very controversial. My family has a lot of guns that I know nothing about so I am excited to see all the information you post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm excited to see an good American point of view about this topic and to learn more about the rights and the rules of gun-owning. It's a very interesting subject to me! You're right, it always seems bad in the news, I want to see it in another way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very debatable topic i love it, i would like to see and hear about your experiences with guns. C.D.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah and always treat a gun as if its loaded

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice nice hopefully this goes good for you and you put a awesome video on

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you picked gun safety as your topic. I cant wait to see what you post in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you chose Gun Safety as your topic and you are trying to address the negative thoughts on owning guns and handling them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really don't know anything about guns and your blog will help me understand guns how are used. I think that mostly everyone that owns a gun doesn't really know everything to how to use a gun safety.
    Berenice S.

    ReplyDelete