Thursday, December 19, 2013

My Passion for Guns

When I was a young boy, my father got me into guns and hunting. He taught me the fundamentals of guns and how to be safe with them at all times. Every time I look at the news I see school shootings or people who misuse guns. They are ruining the reputation of guns. Many people think guns are just weapons to use for massacre. They have a negative connotation to them and I want that to change. Guns are not always used for killing/hunting. They can be used for recreational purposes such as: skeet shooting and target practice. The people who commit these insane shooting crimes are not right in the head. They either have mental problems or have been bullied their whole life. The problem isn't the guns. It's the families who grow these people up who don't know how to handle guns or are the people who get bullied so much that there is no helping them. People need to stop ruining the reputation of guns.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Garrett Ross. I really love your story and I think it's cool that you grew up around guns. I don't know much about gun safety but I will never use a gun. I'm going to get a Taser soon though and I will be sure I know how to work it, safely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how passionate and informed you are about your topic! My family is also very involved with guns and hunting and my brother is not happy about people ruining the reputation of guns for him. I look forward to learning more about it

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you become so gun smart? I.S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learned about my guns from my father. He taught me all about guns and how to be safe with them. Thanks for the question.

    ReplyDelete